A very quick blog 'cos if I don't do it now I won't get around to it.
I have just given Harley a month off because we'd done an awful lot since xmas and it was about time he had a break. I don't want to overcook him, so I stopped whilst it was all going well. I rode him tonight for the first time in a month and quite enjoyed it.
We went into the reservoir and went around the track with Max & Archie. He was a bit excited to start with but settled down fairly quickly. At one point Arch trotted ahead an Harley got impulsive, so I turned my hips and we did a beautiful trot sideways up the track. Wow so cool. We did have a little bracey-ness but some time doing lateral flexion seemed to sort that. We also had to wait for Arch for a bit during the leapfrogging, so whilst we did I had Harley do 3 steps forward 3 steps back. When he did that just on my seat with enthusiasm he got to eat hedgerows for a while until Arch caught up. On the last bit on the way home he stretched his neck down & arched his back as he walked. At first I thought he was pooing, but no! He was just stretching & relaxing. Sooo cool!
All in all, a good ride.
I'm going to bed happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment