Sunday, March 8, 2009

kishudo

I was talking to my rugby playing collegue the other day about martial arts and he said that a friend of his said to him:
"The difference between you and me is
You play Sport
I study Tai Chi"

Now I know Tai Chi isn't a martial art as such, even though it does have its roots there and have certain similarities, but it got me thinking.

Normal riders Do dressage or Do show jumping or Do Trec (or whatever pastime or sport). It's a hobby.
PNH people Study Natural Horsemanship and all the other factors in life to make them a better
horseman.

Martial arts, when more than just keep fit, is a way of being.
Natural Horsemanship is a way of being.



kishu -horseman (japanese)
do - the way of the (japanese)
kishudo - (a word I just made up that might mean) "The way of the horseman"

1 comment: