Friday, February 13, 2009

Last night Harley and I played in the school under the flood lights. He was curious about the weird crackly ice layer on the sand but quickly got bored with it. I had the usual ready-to-ride-check play and hopped on.

We're still doing the FTR foundation pattern, but I need to be a bit more progressive with it. We did a straight FTR to the left and he was great so we did some FTR with stop at the barrels. He was great at that too although his stops started getting a little sloppy so I got more particular. We did some turns on the haunches, which generated lots of licking & chewing.

"Ok" thinks I, "time to even it up", so we do FTR to the right. Suddenly he can't go in the corners, FTR gone all squiffy. So we play the corners game with lots of rest in the corners and lots of disengaging the HQ until he could go in to the corner. After quite a while of making the right thing easy and the wrong thing difficult, we got FTR on the right back again.

Damn that cellular cognition malarky!

No comments:

Post a Comment