Thursday, February 26, 2009

Leader

One of the guys I work with plays rugby with a local amateur club. Their coach was luck enough to win a training session for the club with a big professional coach, who turned out to be Shaun Edwards the Wasps & Wales coach. This was a major event for my mate as he is Welsh, so he was very excited. I saw him the day after limping along the corridor and asked him how it went. “AMAZING!” was the reply, so I asked why it was so good. The answer was interesting.

Leadership!

Shaun Edwards leadership style was the key.
He broke down things in to their component parts.
Taught each part at a time.
Put them back together again.
He was strong, but polite, approachable & humble. Admitted his mistakes.
Drew from other sports and fields of endeavour to inform and improve his chosen sport.
He was consistent.
He was persistent.
He was patient but progressive.
He didn’t make anyone feel they were wrong but made sure they were right.

How are Wales doing at the moment, oh yeah, they’re winning.

Hmm! How interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment